Monday, January 16, 2012

Still Pre-Revelation...

Okay, so I finished Chalean Extreme, was in awe that I could stick to something for 3 months and lose weight and gain muscle tone. That wasn't the revelation though...

In Chalean Extreme, which I will henceforth refer to as "CLX," there was this woman in the DVD's, Jenelle, who is Chalene's sister. Throughout the DVDs, the only thing I could think of was, "Wow, I wish I had  Jenelle's body!" In my opinion, she's the ideal image of a healthy woman who represents fitness, strength, and inner and outer beauty. I started following her on Facebook because she posted so many great tips/advice and always seemed so positive!

One day, I was browsing through Facebook and saw that Jenelle was hosting a 30 day challenge for a small group of people who were committed to getting in shape! Many people already said they were "attending," so I decided two take a risk and click "attending" as well. I really had no idea what "small group" meant. Is that 3 people? 30 people? I also had NO idea what I was getting myself into. Was it a special fitness program? Any fitness program? She promised success if we followed everything she said, and I figured I was already on a roll from finishing CLX, why not take it to the next step? It was a quick moment of bravery and "what have I got to lose?" mentality.

Well, as fate or God would have it, I was accepted into her group! I chose Insanity by Shaun T as my fitness program and restarted drinking Shakeology every day. The group, which was full of AMAZING women, and I went on this path of health, fitness, and nutrition. Throughout the 4 weeks, we provided each other with moral support, admitted our weaknesses, were complimented on our strengths, and were encouraged to do our best and keep striving for improvement. It was (and still IS) an AMAZING group of individuals who continually inspire me and push me, whether or not they know this. I never realized, until the challenge, how important ACCOUNTABILITY is! By nature, I'm very private, and I don't like letting people know personal things about myself, but I quickly learned that having others hold you accountable is NECESSARY for the best results. With this group I felt free and open to admit a less than stellar dinner or a skipped workout, and I was provided with endless motivational quotes and "get your booty back in gear" talks (which were both wanted AND needed!).

Slowly, but surely, wheels started shifting in my brain, and the "Revelation" occurred during this challenge...

No comments:

Post a Comment