Sunday, January 8, 2012

Reflecting on 2011

I know 2012 just started, and this is the perfect time to gear up for the year ahead (which I've started to do), but I really just want to take some time to reflect on the past year...

In 2011, I...
-Traveled (NYC, Hawaii, Key West FL, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood FL twice, Islamorada FL twice,  Homestead FL twice, San Francisco, Chicago, Oak Brook IL multiple times, O'Fallon IL, Cannelton IN)
-Saw baseball games in Indianapolis, Chicago, San Francisco
-Welcomed a baby niece in August
-Was asked to be a Godmother for a sorority sister's daughter
-Saw concerts (Jon McLaughlin twice, NKOTBSB, Maroon 5, Train, Leann Womack)
-Saw musicals (Avenue Q, Nine to Five, Grease, Spring Awakening, Rock of Ages, Beauty and the Beast, Million Dollar Quartet)
-Went to Dig IN Indiana and the Vintage Indiana Wine Fest
-Had my first experience with a palm reader/tarot card reader lady and another lady who talks to spirits
-Saw my first ballet, The Nutcracker
-Became an Independent Team Beachbody Coach. For the first time in a LONG time, found myself feeling truly inspired and empowered and capable of helping to complete my lifelong mission of making a positive and lasting difference in the lives of others.
-Countless dinners, drinks, movies, and quality time with family and friends

It wasn't a perfect year. There were many periods of hurt, pain, anger, frustration, sadness, and regret. I don't want to minimize these "down" times, because I have to remember that they were given to me for a reason and will (hopefully) ultimately make me a stronger and more resilient person. Fortunately, the good seems to outweigh the bad, and I'm more determined than ever to make this new year even BETTER.

How was YOUR year?

No comments:

Post a Comment